Friday, March 22, 2013

Nostalgia

Here is my sketch for my next print. In my survey class we are diving into screen printing and our prompt/Topic was nostalgia. As a child I loved going camping with my family, although we did it very seldom. The act of living out in the woods thrilled me and the idea that out in the middle of the forest or no where you got to see the night sky more clearly was always something refreshing as well. The fox imagery stands for something a little deeper. Foxes by nature are born into a family but when they reach adolescence they leave and live on their own. One of the ideas of nostalgia is the longing for something you don't have and I thought that this woodland creature would seek company in the moon. Its a little basic conceptually but this is my first time playing with screen print and its not your traditional screen print as well. We will be using drawing fluid for this one instead of your typical emulsion. 
 
Hopefully I will post the next step to show the slow process of building these flat colors up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment